How would you like to have your own team of mentors committed to your parenting success? What would you do with a network of awesome moms at your fingertips?
It’s that time of year when I open up the virtual Mom Mastermind Groups. For those you new to the model, a traditional mastermind group is designed to help you navigate through business challenges using the collective intelligence of others.
I’ve taken the concept to a whole new level by creating virtual Mom Mastermind Groups to help moms navigate parenting problems and children challenges using the collective intelligence and expertise of other moms.
How does a Virtual Mom Mastermind work?
Motherhood can be very isolating, especially when we hesitate to air our concerns within our own community. Virtual Mom Masterminds solve that issue by providing a private online space for 5-7 moms to meet every other week for 4 months. Normally, it involves being invited by the members, or going through an application process.
This group of awesome moms meets bi-weekly to tackle challenges and problems together. They lean on each other, give advice, and share resources. It’s peer-to-peer mentoring at its best. If you’re lucky enough to get accepted into one, you will be poised to enjoy a positive change in yourself and your familial relationships.
In order to explain how powerful this opportunity is, I’ve modified the excellent points raised by Stephanie Burns’s article, 7 Reasons To Join A Mastermind Group. However, instead of addressing a Business World Mastermind, I’ve adapted the concepts to the Never-A-Dull-Moment Parenting World.
- Joining a Mom Mastermind makes you part of an exclusive community. Believe me, the other members need you just as much as you need them.
- That feeling of “being alone” disappears. The other members of the group become sounding boards, and vice versa. You listen to them, and offer the knowledge born of your experiences, and in turn, receive the same benefits.
- Increase your happiness level through collaboration. It has been proven that the act of helping someone else produces happy hormones. If you’re happier, everyone around you is happier.
- By joining a Mom Mastermind, you instantly add to your Support Team; and you provide support for others the minute you listen to them. You have a lot to offer, and so do they. The possibilities are endless.
- Every mom in a Mom Mastermind has a unique situation – different geographical locations, specific experiences, distinctive ways they were raised, diverse family structures, etc. By interacting and sharing your challenges, it’s almost certain that someone in your Mom Mastermind will have a solution for you, and again, you may be able to offer a tactic that helps another mom.
- Members of a Mom Mastermind find ways to help each other by sharing resources: websites, books, magazine articles, medical info, etc. Creatively finding ways to help each other enriches all of you.
- Being in a Mom Mastermind will give you a Mom Master Mind. Instead of reacting to situations, you can learn to plan your responses based on incidents in other moms’ lives.
If you’re thinking, “I could make my own Mom Mastermind Group,” then do it! You’ll be providing a service to a group of moms who, by definition, need support. You can’t help but get creative and expand your world when surrounded by dedicated moms striving to do amazing things with their children and their lives. Plus, you’ll minimize your own sense of parenting isolation when you reach out to other moms.
If your busy schedule doesn’t allow you to take on the responsibility of explaining the concept, recruiting and organizing a group of like-minded moms, here is your chance to join one of my virtual Mom Mastermind Groups. Yes, because you are part of my tribe, I’m extending an invitation to you to join one of my groups in 2020.
Mom Masterminds are incredible and can do wonders for your relationships, as well as for you personally. Solving problems in a group is not only more effective than doing it alone… it’s a lot more fun!