- This event has passed.
Talk About Teens: First Quarter Check-In: Using Report Cards as Tools
October 23, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
First Quarter Check-In: Using Report Cards as Tools
Talk About Teens Series – October 23rd (11am ET/10am CT/9am MT/8am PT)
Talk About Teens: a fun, free, live online parenting teens workshop. On October 23rd three parenting coaches and trusted experts; Elisabeth Stitt, Deborah Ann Davis, Clarissa Constantine will share their knowledge about raising tweens and teens from middle school to after high school.
First Quarter Check In – Teaching Your Middle Schoolers to Take Ownership of Their Work with Elisabeth
- See kids as in progress and teach them to have growth mindsets
- Do regular Check-Ins that focus on strategy, effort and improvement
- Find out what they can do on their own by the end of 8th grade.
First Quarter Check In: Report Cards as Snapshots
Underclassmen – Geared again toward 9-10th graders with Deborah
- Seeing Report Cards as Progress Snapshots
- How to prepare and participate in a parent-teacher conference
- Optimizing classroom relationships
First Quarter Check In – Are We Making Forward Progress?
Upperclassmen – Geared again toward 11-12th graders with Clarissa
- Timelines and Timeliness
- Extracurriculars and jobs
- Maintaining mental & physical well-being
- Dolphins and helicopters – which parent does your teen need now?