Freebie: Progress Tracking Charts
Below is our newest freebie, a downloadable PDF for your Mom Arsenal: Progress Tracking Charts.
Print it out for you and your daughter, and follow the directions.
ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
When you want to change your lifestyle, you’re actually talking about changing your habits. There is nothing more rewarding than witnessing your own success. To better do that, make yourself accountable by keeping track of what you do.
Progress Trackers show two types of Wins:
- FREQUENCY: How often did you do the new behavior?
- CONTINUITY: How many days in a row did you do the new behavior?
Both components are important. FREQUENCY shows your return to your goals on those occasions where you slide back into old habits. (Don’t worry about that. It’s all part of the process.) CONTINUITY, on the other hand, reflects the number of days in a row that you practiced the new habit. Once the FREQUENCY and CONTINUITY start to match, you’ll be well on your way to turning this new behavior into a new habit, and thus, changing your lifestyle!
- Print out the Progress Tracker and post it somewhere visible.
- Inform your family that you are attempting to improve an aspect of your life, and as part of that process, when they have time you’d to share an idea with them.
- Bring a copy of the Progress Tracker with you. (You don’t have to share the characteristic that you’re tracking if you don’t want to. They can see your progress regardless.)
- Ask your family members for their support. Mention any typical family/individual behaviors that will inadvertently sabotage your efforts, and ask them to not do them.
- Shade in every day on the Tracker that you do the new habit.
- Celebrate your wins!
Get tons of strategies, at your fingertips, 24/7…
The mother-daughter relationship is the most complex, beautiful, and important female bond in both your lives. But how do you foster a happy, healthy relationship when her closed door feels like an insurmountable barrier?
Get a copy of How To Keep Your Daughter From Slamming the Door: An Awesome Mom Handbook for dozens of strategies that will make that barrier disappear.
Stop reacting to the inevitable teenage situations (which are coming, whether you’re ready or not), and start planning for them. Educator and parenting coach Deborah Ann Davis drills down three decades of accumulated experience with kids and teens into easy-to-follow strategies and reflexive exercises. Reclaim your role as an awesome, decision-making mom today!
ENJOY THE MARATHON!
About the Author
Deborah Ann Davis (B.S. in Science Education, M.Ed. in Supervision, and W.I.T.S Personal Trainer Certified) is a parenting coach and strategist.
Whether you’re looking to bring more positivity into your life, or you’re ready to seek the advice of a Parenting Coach, she’s eager to help you put happiness back into parenting.
Deborah has helped hundreds of families over the years, using her experience as an educator and a mother. She has decades of experience dealing with teenagers – as a mother and an educator.
Learn how to improve your mother-daughter relationship today. Every minute you delay prolongs the isolation your child feels while disconnected from you. She’s waiting for you to figure it out, so why not skip the “trial and error” parenting route?
Don’t forget to book your Free 30 Minute Chat.