I hope you’re enjoying
How To Keep Your Daughter From Slamming the Door.
Below is a downloadable Pre-Assessment, one of the documents that accompany the book.
Print it out for you and your daughter, and follow the directions.
Thank You For Getting the Book! ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
In order to better recognize your progress, you need to figure out where you’re at right now.
Think of taking a Pre-Assessment as collecting baseline data.
Make sure you fill out your Awesome Mom Pre-Assessment form – found in How To Keep Your Daughter From Slamming the Door – before you ask your daughter to participate.
DO NOT SHARE WITH YOUR DAUGHTER.
1. Download and print out the Awesome Daughter Pre-Assessment form below.
2. Inform your daughter that you are attempting to improve the relationship between you, and as part of that process, you’d like her to PRIVATELY fill out this form.
3. Ask her to put it away when she’s done for a couple of months, somewhere where you won’t find it.
4. Put a reminder on your calendar for 1, 2 and 3 months from now to check your progress.
5. Go through the book How To Keep Your Daughter From Slamming the Door and adapt the exercises to resonate with you and your situation.
6. In a month, you and your daughter will fill out a Post-Assessment, dig out your Pre-Assessments, and share any preliminary changes – BUT DON’T SHARE THE ACTUAL ASSESSMENTS! Your job is to discuss CHANGES, not what was written. Sharing the written words could cause unintended strife and insecurity.
7. Share some of the strategies you’ve tried and get her feedback as to what felt good (or didn’t), and why. Use that info to tweak your process as you move forward.
8. Repeat monthly, and revisit this assessment to check on your progress.