Bonus Gift: Learning Style Inventory
I hope you’re enjoying
How To Keep Your Daughter From Slamming the Door.
Below is a downloadable Learning Style Inventory, modified from the Georgia Department of Education, and one of the documents that accompany the book.
Print it out for you and your daughter, and follow the directions.
Thank You For Getting the Book! ENJOY THE JOURNEY
Identifying your Learning Style is important for 2 reasons.
1. Learn about yourself. The way you learn influences the way you see the world, the way you take in information, and the way you do relationships.
2. Learn about the similarities and differences between your Learning Style, and your daughter’s.
3. Use that knowledge to better connect with your daughter.
Make sure you fill out your Learning Style Inventory form – found in How To Keep Your Daughter From Slamming the Door – before you ask your daughter to participate.
DO NOT SHARE WITH YOUR DAUGHTER.
1. Right Click the PDF, and “Open With Preview.” Print out 4 copies of the Learning Style Inventory PDF below.
2. Take the Learning Style Inventory for yourself. Don’t share your results.
3. Take the Learning Style Inventory again, but this time pretend to be your daughter. Don’t share your results.
4. Ask your daughter to to take the Learning Style Inventory, but to not share her results yet.
5. Have your daughter take the Learning Style Inventory again, but this time pretending to be you.
6. Once all 4 are completed, share the Learning Style Inventories that you each did for yourselves. You tell her about you, and she tells you about herself. Note any surprises on either of your parts.
7. Then share the Learning Style Inventories you did pretending to be each other. Your differences will reveal areas that cause unnecessary conflict in your relationship.
8. Read up on how to bridge the gap between your Learning Styles in How To Keep Your Daughter From Slamming the Door, and adapt the exercises to resonate with you and your situation.