Bonus Gift: Progress Tracking Charts
I hope you’re enjoying
How To Keep Your Daughter From Slamming the Door.
Below is a downloadable Progress Tracking Chart, one of your free gifts.
Print it out for you and your daughter, and follow the directions.
Thank You For Getting the Book! ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
When you want to change your lifestyle, you’re actually talking about changing your habits. There is nothing more rewarding than witnessing your own success. To better do that, make yourself accountable by keeping track of what you do.
Progress Trackers show two types of Wins:
- FREQUENCY: How often did you do the new behavior?
- CONTINUITY: How many days in a row did you do the new behavior?
Both components are important. FREQUENCY shows your return to your goals on those occasions where you slide back into old habits. (Don’t worry about that. It’s all part of the process.) CONTINUITY, on the other hand, reflects the number of days in a row that you practiced the new habit. Once the FREQUENCY and CONTINUITY start to match, you’ll be well on your way to turning this new behavior into a new habit, and thus, changing your lifestyle!
1. Print out the Progress Tracker and post it somewhere visible.
2. Inform your family that you are attempting to improve an aspect of your life, and as part of that process, when they have time you’d to share an idea with them.
3. Bring a copy of the Progress Tracker with you. (You don’t have to share the characteristic that you’re tracking if you don’t want to. They can see your progress regardless.)
4. Ask your family members for their support. Mention any typical family/individual behaviors that will inadvertently sabotage your efforts, and ask them to not do them.
5. Shade in every day on the Tracker that you do the new habit.
6. Celebrate your wins!