This listing is for the paperback for How To Keep Your Daughter From Slamming the Door: An Awesome Mom Handbook.
The mother-daughter relationship is the most complex, beautiful, and important female bond in both your lives. But how do you foster a happy, healthy relationship when her closed door feels like an insurmountable barrier?
It can seem impossible to communicate with her. She trusts the advice of friends more than Mom. And she knows exactly what to say to trigger your emotions as you struggle to relate to your teenage girl and her world.
Stop reacting to inevitable situations with your teen and start planning for them. In How to Keep Your Daughter from Slamming the Door, educator and parenting coach Deborah Ann Davis drills down three decades of accumulated experience with kids and teens into easy-to-follow strategies and reflexive exercises to help you reclaim your role as an awesome, decision-making mother!
In this guide, you’ll discover:
- Ten conversation starters to talk about touchy subjects with a moody middle-schooler—like puberty, boys or girls, and peer pressure.
- Effective tactics to tame button pushing, envelope stretching, and adolescent attitude.
- The simple strategy to foster communication, find common ground, and avoid teenager tirades
- How to repair trust for an emotionally satisfying relationship with your daughter—without being intrusive.
- Three major motherhood myths to debunk so you can better handle your own emotions.
Your daughter is depending on you to cultivate and maintain the relationship you both want. Navigate the tough teen years with love, compassion, and fun while building a closer bond you will cherish far beyond her teenage years.
Purchase your eBook version here.